Luis Dantón Martínez Corres
Luis Dantón Martinez Corres is the leader of the Compliance, Anti-Corruption and Investigations practice of Ritch Mueller. He has significant local and international experience and is admitted to the practice of law both in Mexico and New York. He advises multinational and local companies on cases that usually involve various legal jurisdictions, working closely with top international law firms. His work covers both the preventive aspects, as well as the crisis response aspects, including high stakes investigations and the representation of clients before enforcement agencies and courts. Prior to Ritch Mueller he had a distinguished career in legal and compliance roles, both in government as well as in multinational companies.
Recent Experience in Relevant Matters
- Development, risk assessment and recommendations of improvement of compliance programs ofdifferent companies in the construction and real estate development, infrastructure, energy,banking and finance sectors.
- Participation in a complex investigation for a top New York investment fund with respect to asignificant project in Mexico.
- Participated in the crisis management team during the first year of the Walmart Mexicoinvestigation under FCPA by the DOJ.
- The acquisition of a 100% of Walmart Central America by Walmart México.
- The development and implementation of a new Global Compliance Program for Citigroup.
- The acquisition of 100% of Banco Nacional de México by Citigroup.
- Chair of the Corporate Governance and Compliance Committee of the “Ilustre y NacionalColegio de Abogados de México” (INCAM).
- Member of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE).
- Associate of the Mexican Council of Foreign Affairs (COMEXI).
- Graduated with a law degree from UNAM (1991).
- Obtained his MBA from Anderson Graduate School of Business, UCLA (1993).
- Obtained his LL.M from UCLA (1994).
- Admitted to the practice of law in New York (2008).
- Currently working on his thesis, “The enforcement of economic rights”, at the Legal Research Institute of UNAM in order to obtain PhD in Law.
- Assistant Director of Compliance for the Global Consumer Bank and representative of the Compliance function at the M&A Committee of Citigroup in New York City (2005-2008).
- Corporate Governance & Compliance, Anti-Corruption and Investigations